Gunpowder lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I did something a little different than the norm with a rack of lamb yesterday. I didn't take a whole bunch of pictures but it was so tasty I had to share.

Started with a rack of lamb and used a good amount of hard core carnavore black

Then they went on the smoker at 200 degrees with mesquite wood until an it of 110° was reached.
26101.jpeg

Got the grill ready for an extremely hot sear to finish it off
1003202203_HDR.jpg

Resding for a while on the cutting board
1003202232.jpg

Then plated up with some cheesy brussels and smashed red potatoes
1003202255a.jpg

Here is a close up of the lamb.
1003202256a.jpg

Usualy I would use a mix of herbs on lamb but wanted to give this a try. And beeing such a short cook on the smoker I wanted to try a little stronger wood. It came out fantastic! Perfectly done and a real nice tasty crust on the outside.

Thanks for taking a look!

That's a fine plate of food Travis! Lamb looks really good! I probably haven't had lamb since I was little...to be honest I don't recall seeing it for sale at our local grocers.

Ryan

That's a fine plate of food Travis! Lamb looks really good! I probably haven't had lamb since I was little...to be honest I don't recall seeing it for sale at our local grocers.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I can usually find it at Aldi . they have it 5-6 times a year. And sams club almost always has it here.

That looks great!

Been doing a lot of lamb lately as its been so cheap around here.

I love lamb!
And that just looks absolutely fantastic to me.
We don’t eat it often cause it’s very expensive down here in Florida.
But when it goes on sale I will buy a few chops.
Maybe during the holidays I will splurge & get a rack!
Al

Looks really tasty, nice cook!
Thanks! We enjoyed it!
That looks great!

Been doing a lot of lamb lately as its been so cheap around here.
Thanks! ive noticed the price has come down just a little here. Still a little expensive to put in the regulr rotation. But its nice to have it sometimes.

I love lamb!
And that just looks absolutely fantastic to me.
We don’t eat it often cause it’s very expensive down here in Florida.
But when it goes on sale I will buy a few chops.
Maybe during the holidays I will splurge & get a rack!
Al
Thanks Al! I sure wish the price would come down around here too! I would eat lamb a couple times a month if it would.

Man that looks good ... nice job ... I am trying to figure out where the gunpowder comes in at ...
Thanks man! I should have included a pic of the hard core carnavore black seasoning.....looks like gunpowder......
1004201246.jpg
1004201247.jpg

Those lamb chops look absolutely perfectly cooked. Beautiful! I have to try that. I usually season them, sear them in a pan, then pack on a mixture of garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh herbs and breadcrumbs. Then finish in the oven. There are times when I prefer them over a nice slab of prime rib. Like others, they are quite price. Our local Costaco has them right now for $9.99/lb. which is about as cheap as I’ve ever seen them. I bought a few a threw them in the freezer. Fantastic job on those!!!!

Those lamb chops look absolutely perfectly cooked. Beautiful! I have to try that. I usually season them, sear them in a pan, then pack on a mixture of garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh herbs and breadcrumbs. Then finish in the oven. There are times when I prefer them over a nice slab of prime rib. Like others, they are quite price. Our local Costaco has them right now for $9.99/lb. which is about as cheap as I’ve ever seen them. I bought a few a threw them in the freezer. Fantastic job on those!!!!
Where’s my spell-check? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Sowsage
Thanks! Yep I think its probably one of my favorite proteins! $9.99 lb is what I usualy buy the racks at. But other cuts are cheaper.

Looks great. I buy lamb only once a year. I should just raise some.

Reactions: Sowsage
Looks great. I buy lamb only once a year. I should just raise some.
Honestly thats not a bad idea. Ive talked about it with my brother a few times. Seems thats a growing market ......and its a tasty one!

Reactions: pc farmer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky