Ground Jerky water

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would follow the instructions on the label.

Boykjo

I just watched the video on their website. It says to add a few oz of water till the meat becomes sticky. It looked like he was doing a larger batch than 1 lb though. Add the seasoning and small amounts of water at a time and mix till it become tacky or stick. try not to use too much water. not good in jerky.

Boykjo

Not really finding much on small batches. I just sprinkled a 1/4 tsp cure on meat and 2 Tbs of seasoning. Said to use 3 but that looks like a lot of seasoning. I will test tomorrow before using.

Last edited:
I add my seasonings and cure to a little water,I feel that it distributes the cure better, water evaporates and wont change any thing imo. its supposed to set overnight If I remember correctly before smoking or dehydrating , should be some directions with the kit if that's what you are using

The seasoning should be for an amount like 10 lbs. convert 10 lbs to grams and divide by 10. this should give you and exact amount per lb in grams. 10 lbs = 4535.92. gr 10/4535 = 453 grams seasoning per lb

The above is an example
your seasoning package should say how much it makes

Boykjo

Last edited:
When I did my Waltons Bloody Mary jerky , I did not add water. I did use slightly more than called for in a 5# batch, otherwise it was difficult to get seasoning on all pieces. Place in fridge rotate pieces at least once. Have fun and enjoy.

Edit: My mistake , I missed the "ground" jerky part. Found this on their site.
Looks like 8 oz water / 5#

Last edited:
Adding water to the spices and cure helps to ensure that it is mixed completely with the meat without having spice balls. And to help it glide through the stuffer a bit easier. You should just adjust the amounts accordingly to the directions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky