Grilled Pizza's Round 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I posted a thread a few months ago about grilling pizza's on pizza stones in my gas grill. The pizza's were great but hard to gauge as the bottom was getting burnt before the top was done. Well I got a ton of great feedback off of that thread and have been researching since then. Decided on a pizza "oven" inside the grill if you will. Kettle pizza makes one but decided to go with the cheaper option as it basically is the same thing without the name.

Here is the new setup:
pizza15.jpg

I didn't get any prep pics of the pizza's. Figured everyone had seen an uncooked pizza before. One about halfway through on the turn.
pizza16.jpg

Here are a few pics of the finished products. Start with some garlic stuffed cheese bread.
pizza19.jpg

Pepperoni on whole wheat.
pizza21.jpg

pizza20.jpg

A couple others.
pizza18.jpg

pizza17.jpg

The pizza oven worked pretty well. It was up to 800 degrees within a matter of 10 minutes. The only problem I ran into was getting the temps back down and having the bottom get a little more crispy than I would have liked. Since the back and sides are closed in the "oven" they get done more quickly than the front so you constantly have to move it around. This was the first attempt so I think playing with different temperatures and with some practice it will get me the perfect pizza I have been seeking! Thanks for checking it out.

John

Looks great John, nice piece of work, Like! Nice to see you aren't running around with bare feet too, my thongs season started yesterday with 96º heat here. Do you have a pizza dough recipe you'd care to share? I'm making one today or tomorrow and am always in the market to try something new. RAY

Wow!! That's quite an interesting little toy you have there John. Looks like with a little practice you'll be turning out some world class pizzas my friend. Those look great but they re only gonna get better. A good reason to get lots of practice :emoji_wink:

Robert

That looks very tasty John. Funny we've been cooking our first pizza's as well. What a fun adventure! Your's sure looks awesome.

hmm that gives me a little something to look for. I love grill pizza. your look great.

Pizza looks like perfection to me already! Any other improvements you make are just gravy.

Awesome job!

Now there's a visual I could have done without: Ray wearing a thong :emoji_anguished: Shudder the thought Robert

Come on Robert, it's not like it's something you'd ever get to see on the internet, unlike your naked feet. A little story for you! My friends dad used to go around the yard barefoot, stepped on a sharp rock and came down on his butt, broke a hip. It happens. RAY

Looks fantastic!! I love my cheese on pizza to get a good brown cripsiness to it. Those are perfect for me.

I love pizza, but that stuffed garlic cheese bread has me drooling.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great John, nice piece of work, Like! Nice to see you aren't running around with bare feet too, my thongs season started yesterday with 96º heat here. Do you have a pizza dough recipe you'd care to share? I'm making one today or tomorrow and am always in the market to try something new. RAY

Thanks Ray! It was nice and warm that day. Yesterday was 40 and raining with wind blowing and sucked. Gotta love East TN weather. Actually I used frozen dough balls I had gotten from Kroger's on these. How did your pie turn out?

Wow!! That's quite an interesting little toy you have there John. Looks like with a little practice you'll be turning out some world class pizzas my friend. Those look great but they re only gonna get better. A good reason to get lots of practice :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thanks Robert I appreciate it man! Might toss in a couple more this week to see if I can get the temps dialed in a bit better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky