Grilled and Smoked Chicken and Chili Relleno Hack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I started off on the pit grilling chicken breasts with Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce. I also had some peppers getting started.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_001.jpg

That was the first dish for tonight. Not bad.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_002.jpg

While enjoying the nice dinner the peppers were steaming in a large plastic bag.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_003.jpg

Then they were skinned and de-seeded. 3 bell peppers, 4 Anaheims and 3 jalapenos. I also finely diced up most of the rest of the chicken.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_004.jpg

Next I started layering peppers, sharp cheddar cheese and chicken with a bit of dried oregano and basil in each layer.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_005.jpg

When that was done I whipped up 4 egg whites until they were nice and fluffy. I added the yolks, 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1/4 cup of AP flour. Then it was poured on top along with a coating of dried basil, oregano and chives.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_006.jpg

I then put it in my smoker with new Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ pellets at *275 for one hour.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_007.jpg

I thought it would be pretty good but wasn't sure how good with the different peppers and using cheddar cheese. Holly cow it came out way better than I even thought possible. I'm glad I decided to make so much of it.

The finished plate along with a dollop of Daisy and salsa I made a couple days ago.

2023_chicken_and_chilis_008.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky