Greetings from Central Texas!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DinnerIsComing

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 27, 2022
Cedar Creek, TX
Greetings to one and all!

Just another newbie making his self-introduction (actually, it would be more like "lurker" finally surfacing).

My smoking adventure started with the death of my gas grill (some things just don't take cross-country moves well). So, my wife and I took a trip to Lowe's to scout out possible replacements. I rounded the corner and saw the Char-Griller model 5050 combo gas grill. It wasn't long before it was mine and even shorter to get the additional side firebox ...and just like that -- instant offset smoker! This actually started my love affair with Char-Griller; I "hand-me-downed" the 5050 to a friend and upgraded to the Gravity 980 and when I saw that Walmart had a 50% off sale on the Auto-Kamado this past summer, I snatched that up as well!

As you might gather, I've been a "smoking fiend" since the day that old gas grill kicked the bucket 2 years ago. Sure, I got a Weber gas grill to replace the dead one, but it's safe to say that I'm FULLY a smoke addict!

It's a pleasure to be here and look forward to contributing and learning!

Thanks -- talk soon!

Peter

Welcome from Iowa! Can never have too many smokers! Unless you ask my wife lol!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky