Greetings fellas!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Irishpotatobandit

Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Hello, not new to burning meats but i would definitely like to continue to step my game up.
Currently i have a jerky project going on it i could get some direction on....
Very new to curing meats would like some experienced advice to my wet cure and time i can let it stay in the fridge before going to the dehydrator.
Thanks to all and look forward to learning!!!

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome to SMF!

Post up your process and your questions so the smart people can help you out! HAHA

You can let things go in a wet brine for a few weeks; I'm not sure about how long repeatedly dumping+remaking the brine would work. I am smoking some buckboard bacon that, due to weather, the oldest piece has been in brine for 15 days (~1wk extra for its thickness).

like SmokinEdge SmokinEdge asked, what is your process?

Hey !
Thanks for the quick responses,
So far i used london broil for the meat, 5-6 lb cuts.
They went into a brine for about 4 days.
Brine was :
1 box of Kosher salt and spices , clover garlic ,pepper.....basics
10 gals of water

Pulled from brine then sliced into jerky with deli meat slicer
From there i made my flavor marinades
And added Anthony's cure #1
Each bag had 3lbs of meat so i added 3.2 grams of cure #1 per bag.
(This was based on the 1oz. Of cure for 25lbs. )
So they have been in the fridge un opened for 3 weeks now....didn't intend on being that long.
So my question being , what signs if any like smell or look mainly do i need to be concerned with.
One bag does seem to start having the "aged" beef smell.
Lol um can i just throw a little more cure in the bags to kill any bacteria?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky