Green Horn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

terrobonz

Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Howell, Michigan
My name is Terry & I'm from Howell Michigan.   Married almost 21 years & have 2 boys 19 & 20 who play hockey in Canada.  We love our hockey, cold beer & BBQ/Smokin!!!

A friend recently gave me his old "well seasoned" upright smoker & I came across SMF scouring the web for smoking tips & tricks.  I have already done 3 chickens, stuffed burgers & throwing on some CSR's for the 4th today.  I have already spent hours here & expect to spend many more,  thanks for the opportunity to be part of a great group of smokers!

Happy 4th !!!!

Hi Terry! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course, it will teach you all the basics and a lot more: http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

Kenny Powers RULES!

This was my 1st smoke ever..... 2 8lb. chickens, smoked with Hickory around 6 hrs.  They turned out awesome, I'm hooked !!!!

4bf498ce_178004_3417330800134_1146237080_o.jpg

Bonz, welcome my Michigan Neighbor
biggrin.gif
 . Glad you joined the fun , we have the Best BBQ Forum on the Web and unlike some of the others , we like to share.

Don't be shy and send Q-view of more of your smokes. Your Chicken looks great , tell us about it; did you brine it , or just toss her in?

What seasonings did you use and how hot was it cooked at and the Internal Meat temp. when done.

I know , a lot of things to talk (and show) about , but you'll see why as you Paruse the Posts.

Lastly, what's for the 4th cook-out?????

Have fun and...

Thanks OldSchool.  I just went simple on my chickens,  Salt & Pepper seasoning, tossed them in(no brine this time) basted them every hour with a butter, garlic powder & honey mixture.  Smoker temp around 230-240 & 275 for the  last 15 minutes.  Pulled them off at 165 internal temp. & let rest for 20 min. covered in foil.  I started to cut them up but it was so moist I just ended up pulling it by hand.  Unfortunately I didn't take any other pics because I was too excited to dig in & eat!  We are having family over today for the 4th & throwing some Country Style Ribs on...last minute decision to have a get together so we are going simple. 

Hello Terry and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - Glad to have you here 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky