Great salmon brine and marinade. Super sweet BBQ sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef marko

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012

First here above is my super sweet bbq, which I forgot to take a picture of the sauce just some chicken I had put it on. Anyway what I was hoping to show was the texture in this as well. its not only very sweet its actually a bit hardy too. Start off by simmering 1/4 cup butter, two cinnamon sticks, 1/8 cup minced garlic, and an 8er of some minced or chopped onions. Simmer till we start getting a little brown then take off the heat. Add 1/2 cup maple syrup (real if you can) and 1 cup ketchup. Stir together and make sure the mixture is nice and cool. After it is cooled we add the next texture of a little grittiness (which I like some may not) 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Then lastly an 8er of applesauce. Stir and serve if you like sweet then you will love the sauce. Play with ingredients to your liking (I got a big old sweet tooth so I probably put a lil more sugar then that anyway). You can probably put this on a plain piece of meat from all the flavors going on, but everyone who tried it keeps coming back so give it a shot!

Next up above is my salmon brine or any fish for that matter. I like the technique of dry brining, but I do like a lot of flavor which I don't believe is able to swim around at the beginning of a dry brine. I start with 2 cups soy sauce 2qts water 1 cup sugar 1 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup garlic 1/4 cup dill 1/4 cup old bay. Bring mixture to a boil to release dill and garlic taste throughout then chill in fridge. Add salmon and brine for 12-14. After brine do not rinse give a little pat then dry for 4-6 hours on some racks

Salmon marinade I use this after the brine or you can use as is depending on your taste buds. 1 qt wine 2 cups honey 2 cups brown sugar. Heat, don't boil, stir, then cool. Marinate salmon for an hour right to the smoke

Hope you try out some of my techniques any feedback would be appreciated thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky