Got the Yoder out today, some Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tsonka

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 19, 2016
Wichita, Kansas
Been a few months since Ive had the Yoder Wichita Loaded out. With the summer and 90-100deg weather I have either been grilling or using my WSM. Couldn't stand it anymore, got the stick burner out today

IMG_2022.jpg

Yesterday went to Costco and bought a 2 pack Pork Butt

IMG_2018.jpg

Coated with mustard and rub last night, wrapped and sat in fridge overnight

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

This time I bought some store bought rub. I almost always use my own rub recipe but everything is starting to taste the same and want something different. My rub is more savory than sweet or salty, this is a sweeter rub

IMG_2019.jpg

Temps are good and holding steady. The 1 ambient probe is still a bit high but with my smoking I prefer to run the temps up in the beginning then let them drop. I would rather work to keep the temp down then fight to keep them up.

IMG_2025.png

IMG_2024.jpg

I like it, it has replaced my Therma-Q as my main device

When I first got it I had a probe that was flaky but it was a one time thing. Also the probes are inexpensive as compared to other brands. I live in Wichita Kansas and went to All Things BBQ Friday, bought 2 more meat probes and 2 replacement probe grill clips. The probes are $15ea and grill clips are $3ea

I did a write up on it a few months after I bought it:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/upcoming-fireboard-review.269501/

Everything looks great so far. I have to admit that pulled pork is quickly rising to the top of my favorite barbecue foods. Enjoy the time with your pit.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky