GOSM Needle valve question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
Hi All,

I'm new here.  I'm doing some mods to my GOSM 3895 Wide smoker and I have a quick question on installing a needle valve.  From what I've read here it seems that disassembling the hose from the regulator is not an easy process.  What I'd like to do is simply splice the hose and install the needle valve a few inches downstream of the regulator using a couple of 1/4" barbed brass fitting with clamps. The question is, what is the inside diameter of the standard-issue hose on the GOSM?  Should I get male and female 1/4" threaded fittings with a 1/4" barb? I know the fittings on the valve are 1/4" so I just need to know if barb needs to 1/4", 3/8", 5/16" or even down to 1/8".  Any help or suggestions? 

I'm doing a few other mods as well, adding Lavalock tape around the door and drawers, latches, sealing up the leaks and installing a port for the thermometer probes. Will post some pics when I'm done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky