Goose Tenderloin Marsala over Vermicelli with Caprese Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Dinner night with friends...
IMG_20230630_191829.jpg

IMG_20230630_191835.jpg

I pulled out a bag of goose tenderloins to make this dish. Been a while since I have cooked it so it made it back around in the rotation. Since I had fresh home grown tomatoes and basil, the Caprese salad was a no brainer... it was outstanding!
IMG_20230630_185956.jpg

The board...Pistachio and Lemon, Calabrian Sopressata, and Pancetta Piacentina in the middle...
IMG_20230701_164322.jpg

The wine selection tonight, a 2019 Barbara D'Asti and a vintage 2016 Barbaresco. Both were exceptional!
IMG_20230630_161854.jpg

Always a fan of your posts. If I'm ever in LA, I want to come by and at least SMELL what you are having for dinner. And by "If I'm ever in LA", I mean I could leave right now. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Well Keith, you continue to crush it!! Never seen anybody who can do what you do with game meat. Everything you do it next-level and exceptional. Very well done my friend.

Robert

Looks great as usual! I've got enough basil right now to feed the city lol. The purple on the right with Italian and lemon basil sharing the container on the left.
PXL_20230702_122213375~2.jpg

Looks fantastic Keith. Substitute the wine for a nice 2023 Genny Cream and I'd be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great as usual! I've got enough basil right now to feed the city lol. The purple on the right with Italian and lemon basil sharing the container on the left. View attachment 669292
Thanks jcam! My basil plant is pretty much dead now. 3 weeks of heat wave and it was not looking good at all. After harvesting what I could for the meal, it's pretty much done now. I'll see about maybe getting a shade cover for next season to put it under.

Reactions: jcam222
Well Keith, you continue to crush it!! Never seen anybody who can do what you do with game meat. Everything you do it next-level and exceptional. Very well done my friend.

Robert
Thank you for the kind words Robert. What can I say....I LOVE great food! It feeds my soul....

Looks fantastic Keith. Substitute the wine for a nice 2023 Genny Cream and I'd be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks gmc2003! Wine is not for everybody. But a great wine with a great meal-wow what an experience! I've been able to teach non wine drinkers how to appreciate a great wine paired with a great meal. Not all wines are good........

Reactions: gmc2003
Wow, that isn’t a normal meal deal, it’s the real deal!!! Oh that board and salad

Always a fan of your posts. If I'm ever in LA, I want to come by and at least SMELL what you are having for dinner. And by "If I'm ever in LA", I mean I could leave right now. 😆
Shoot swing by the Memphis area on the way and get me!!!
I'd not want to miss out on a chance to even clean the pans on that great looking meal!!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky