Glass stove top not good for heat transfer question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice . I found one online . NOS . $450.00 . I passed .
The copper bottom was the earlier line . Great pots and pans .
Ouch!!! that smarts. I don't blame ya for passing it up. I'd like to get another platter. We use it for just about everything food related.

Chris

I don't think I've ever seen the platter .

1674160626897.png

Reactions: chopsaw
I noticed early on that the new glasstop (not so new now) was a whole different animal.
I still don't understand the "pulsing" on and off. It may be an "energy conserving" feature, as when it takes FOREVER to pre-heat the oven. I've gotten used to it.
That said, once the new was worn off I was allowed to use C.I. and haven't had any issues.
I strive not to drop heavy pans anywhere :emoji_wink:
The oven I replace would be up to 400 in less than 5 min. The new one takes 20+min to reach 400. Called to complain and was told ovens with concealed heating elements take longer to heat. Now I dont use it 1/2 as much because its so inconvenient. Now that I think about it, that does make it energy saving.

No I checked into that. Two legs of 120V and ran 8GA copper conductor.
Did you check the breaker lugs, outlet box, and pigtail connections?

Not to be insulting, but explain to other readers. US residential electric service comes in either 120/240v or 120/208v.
Replacing a range meant for a 240v unit into a 208v service results in a 25% drop in heating. Your 2,500 watt big burner is now only ~ 1,800 watt

I think that cast iron skillets help to overcome the pulsing heat on glass-top stoves.

I still don't understand the "pulsing" on and off. It may be an "energy conserving" feature, as when it takes FOREVER to pre-heat the oven.
All electric stoves be it smooth top or coil top use "pulse" heating cycles.
Electric heating is only on or off. If you try to use, say a dimmer switch function to keep the element continuously running at half power, the dimmer switch has to dissipate or waste the other half of the power.
The pulse is not noticeable in coil top as it doesn't noticeably glow compared to the smooth top.

SmokyMose SmokyMose If your oven is slow to preheat, make sure your broiler element works.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky