Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ******

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW in 2 weeks we will be talking about what a great time we had. 
yahoo.gif
Yup its that close now.

Warren

As the gathering nears the menu needs to be updated. I'll be there Friday early afternoon and set up the smoker. Is there a good local meat market or maybe a SAM's club near by with some decent prices? I'll probably make some breakfast sausage Friday afternoon for Saturday mornings breakfast and probably smoke some ribs and a couple of pork butts on Saturday to add to the evening supper. I'll be bringing my potato salad and some odds and ends. Its all a go for me as it stands. As it gets closer and if it becomes evident that the weather will be a wash out I may cancel. but other than that, I'm ready to go....

Joe

As the gathering nears the menu needs to be updated. I'll be there Friday early afternoon and set up the smoker. Is there a good local meat market or maybe a SAM's club near by with some decent prices? I'll probably make some breakfast sausage Friday afternoon for Saturday mornings breakfast and probably smoke some ribs and a couple of pork butts on Saturday to add to the evening supper. I'll be bringing my potato salad and some odds and ends. Its all a go for me as it stands. As it gets closer and if it becomes evident that the weather will be a wash out I may cancel. but other than that, I'm ready to go....

Joe
Thanks for asking Joe

Friday night dinner                hardcooking      pulled chicken/and rolls

Warren              Veg. crab soup      also bringing 5 ibs each of coleslaw and potato salad

Sharon (Warren's wife) a cake

Saturday lunch                    Zerowin              Pizza and other goodies

dinner                    Adam                brisket

Warren               4 racks of ribs

Peachy              various types of dip

Warren              meatballs both beef and pork for snacks while smoking

Adam's Mom      Macaroni salad

Breakfast Warren is bringing 5 doz. eggs and coffee anything someone else wants to bring would be great.     Boyko Joe making breakfast sausage.

So what ever any one else wants to bring in dessert or food line let us know Thanks

Warren

Last edited:
I plan on around six pizzas and I'm sure it will be more than enough, but I'm not planning on much for toppings outside of fresh onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and maybe some pineapple, so any extra meat like a few spare meatballs to slice or sausage would be greatly appreciated for some variety
sausage.gif
spam2.gif

Hey I'm Chris and just joined the forums today. I was chatting with Halfsmoked a bit and as luck would have it I live in State College and am about 20 minutes away from Port Matilda. Unfortunately I'm working the meet up weekend however if it's cool with everyone I am going to try and duck in to BS for a little bit!

Hey I'm Chris and just joined the forums today. I was chatting with Halfsmoked a bit and as luck would have it I live in State College and am about 20 minutes away from Port Matilda. Unfortunately I'm working the meet up weekend however if it's cool with everyone I am going to try and duck in to BS for a little bit!

You are welcome to stop by at some point if you want

Last edited:
Hey gang take some time to stop by his post and welcome new member Chris ( strangerinblack) and invite him to stop by and visit us at the gathering.

Warren

Great would be nice to see you. Where you work and what type work do you do?

Warren

Truck fueled
20lbs of pulled chicken...done
Pack tomorrow morning and head out everyone have a safe trip.

Truck fueled
20lbs of pulled chicken...done
Pack tomorrow morning and head out everyone have a safe trip.

Sweet deal. Warren is here already, Joe is leaving at 4:30 am.
I got a brisket ready to go.
Was going to do Dutchs beans but the search isnt working soooooooo......

Actually I remember someone just posted in that thread and I went to forums>Sides and it was the top one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky