Frozen Pork Tenderloin Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alon504

Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
Hey everyone..I have a frozen pork tenderloin that has been frozen for 10 months. Is it OK to cook? Will it taste bad or make me sick? Thanks ahead of time

As above. Cryo or vac pack will be fine, if there's frost all over it...well cook and see... safe to eat in any case.

Thanks. It’s vac pac from the store. I’m sure it is fine.

Once it is thawed, check it for any brown and cracked spots and trim away if needed. But since the TL is vac packed, it most likely will not have have freezer burn even at 10 mos.

No food pathogens grow when frozen. They are still alive and awaken when the meat gets over 40 but no safety issues to worry about...JJ

Agree with the above Today I just cooked a two year old brisket. Once thawed out and trimmed looked like it was fresh. The cryovac had even broken at some point

Those cryovaced packages last forever if frozen.
Should taste like the day you put it in the freezer.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky