Fresh Strawberry Pie ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW!!!! That recipe just got saved.
That pie looks fantastic Kev, and with whipped cream, even better. I'll be making one of those the next time I get home this winter.
However.......75 degrees yesterday when you made it. It was -41F here. I'm pretty sure that when I was born, somebody screwed up the delivery address.
POINT
Gary

WOW!!!! That recipe just got saved.
That pie looks fantastic Kev, and with whipped cream, even better. I'll be making one of those the next time I get home this winter.
However.......75 degrees yesterday when you made it. It was -41F here. I'm pretty sure that when I was born, somebody screwed up the delivery address.
POINT
Gary

Thank you

Supposed to be around 80 the next few days.

Looks Fantastic, Foamy!!!
I never actually had "Strawberry Pie", but Strawberry Rhubarb is my second favorite Pie.
Mrs Bear never made one, but my Grandmother made Awesome Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.

I would definitely love your Strawberry Pie!!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Thank Bear

Its pretty simple to make, its not as good as raspberry but its the best thing around here. IMHO. You know valentines if fast approaching and I know as smart and well versed in the kitchen as you are..... Well believe it, it is good. I would guess you'd have to par-boil the rhubarb, I don't know though. I never been around it. I bet you could combine the two easy enough though.

This is not fair we don't get fresh strawberries for another 3 months other than the ones shipped that taste like cardboard. But I will be in Fla. in mid March.

Warren

This is not fair we don't get fresh strawberries for another 3 months other than the ones shipped that taste like cardboard. But I will be in Fla. in mid March.

Warren

Well Warren, all I can tell you is you should save that recipe for a couple a months. <Chuckles> Don't forget it. That pie is like a ticket to spring! Its so good and you know that all the bad weather is over.

Great look'in pie Kevin, I'm not much into dessert eating, but if I decide to start that pie would be a good one to start with.

Point for sure
Chris

Hey foamheart, I tried to make this yesterday.....Failed.

Can you shed some light on what may have gone wrong?

1). You listed 2-3lbs of strawberries, how can you fit that into a 9” crust? I packed it with about 2lbs and it was over flowing.

2). When I put the ingredients into the saucepan it never thickened up. Was it supposed to boil or just get hot?

3). Is the 3 tablespoons of Jello right? I ask as my pie has been in the fridge overnight and it is still liquid.

Thanks in advance for any input you might have. I’m just not sure where it went awry.

-Ken

Hey foamheart, I tried to make this yesterday.....Failed.

Can you shed some light on what may have gone wrong?

1). You listed 2-3lbs of strawberries, how can you fit that into a 9” crust? I packed it with about 2lbs and it was over flowing.

2). When I put the ingredients into the saucepan it never thickened up. Was it supposed to boil or just get hot?

3). Is the 3 tablespoons of Jello right? I ask as my pie has been in the fridge overnight and it is still liquid.

Thanks in advance for any input you might have. I’m just not sure where it went awry.

-Ken
Kevin sometimes forgets to add the “magic” to his posts. Follow closely and he will tell you the rest of the story!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky