Flagship 1100

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newbiesmoker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Huntington, In.
Yesterday I assembled and did the 400° burn in for about 90 minutes. Today I did some ribs, chicken breast, cream cheese. All turned out great. I can't get my phone to sync up with the grill though. I tried my wife's too and it wouldn't either. Both galaxy phones, note 9 and a S205g
I read where it may be the router but not sure of what exactly that means.

Attachments

• 20240211_140241.jpg
    20240211_140241.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: SmokinEdge
I know nothing about that smoker, so this is just general and all may not apply.

Internet comes from outside and connected to the Router inside.
The Router sends (routes) the WI-FI signal through your house.
The signal may be weak where your smoker is, or you haven't connected the smoker to the WI-FI.
There should be some sort of WI-FI setup instructions.

Possible you need Bluetooth for setup and it is not enabled on your phones.

Reactions: newbiesmoker
Might be a 5g vs 2.4g thing . Those apps usually like 2.4 .
That's how mine work. My phone has to be on the 2.4g network, which isn't an issue since I have a separate network in the barn and my phone auto connects to the 2.4g out there. The bluetooth should still connect as long as the phone is in range regardless of any wifi network issues, though.

Congrats. The flagship should have dual band wifi ability. Its probably a router connection. The router needs to be connected for the phone to since via wifi. The Bluetooth app connection should walk you through getting the router connected.

Turn off the 5 gh on your router and then set up the app, when you are done, turn the 5 gh back on. The app only uses 2.4 gh. Your phone will want to stay on 5gh, the only way I know to get it going is as described above. The app can be a little fussy, but once you have it up, its good to go and should stay on the wifi just fine.

My Inkbird therm is useless now because it's 2.4g and my cell phone is now 5g and being technically challenged, I'm not sure if I can connect to it. Doesn't really matter though because I had tons of connectivity issues with it on my last phone...
On phone, go to ......... settings ......... connections ........... WIFI. It should show a 5g and 2.4g network. you'd just have to switch to it. If I remember correctly, Inkbird app now just needs you to use 2.4G for the initial setup but will function on either, once set up.

Have you tried calling their customer service, they will be able to walk you through getting the grill connected to your WiFi. I have the RT-590 and Orbi mesh system and had no issues getting the grill connected. I know some people had success connecting by deleting the app and reinstalling.

Have you tried calling their customer service, they will be able to walk you through getting the grill connected to your WiFi. I have the RT-590 and Orbi mesh system and had no issues getting the grill connected. I know some people had success connecting by deleting the app and reinstalling.
I can connect by using my phone as a Hotspot, then use my wife's phone to connect to the smoker. It is a router issue, I found out.

Its interesting, cause RecTec boasts a duel band receiver on all their grills. Every time the app updates, my grill has issues. Just a few days ago the app updated and when I went to use the grill a couple days back....the app constantly says the gill is offline...

Its interesting, cause RecTec boasts a duel band receiver on all their grills. Every time the app updates, my grill has issues. Just a few days ago the app updated and when I went to use the grill a couple days back....the app constantly says the gill is offline...
I know they disabled the remote start recently but not sure about anything else

I haven’t had to reconnect in years. The remote start worked a couple weeks ago too…. You guys on iOS or Android? Maybe thats a thing?

I haven’t had to reconnect in years. The remote start worked a couple weeks ago too…. You guys on iOS or Android? Maybe thats a thing?
The remote start was removed for safety reasons. IE if one doesn't clean their fire pot on a regular basis, a blow back is very real possibility, so I'm sure some legal peps recommended they not include it.

I happen to make a habit of opening up the lid when I fire mine up then a blow back isn't an issue. A blow back possibility is increased after a low temp smoke, ie 225 and lower. It decreases the higher the last temp cook, ie 265 and above. Increased humidity levels also increase the possibility.

The remote start was removed for safety reasons. IE if one doesn't clean their fire pot on a regular basis, a blow back is very real possibility, so I'm sure some legal peps recommended they not include it.

I happen to make a habit of opening up the lid when I fire mine up then a blow back isn't an issue. A blow back possibility is increased after a low temp smoke, ie 225 and lower. It decreases the higher the last temp cook, ie 265 and above. Increased humidity levels also increase the possibility.
I guess all manufacturers will have to do away with the remote start feature. Like you said, it's a safety thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky