First time smoking Saint Louis style ribs odyssey.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NamVetJoe

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Naples Fl
IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG
. Have my ribs all rubbed up. Fired up the smoker. Houston we have smoke. Ribs are in. Temp at 230 and holding. I Am using as suggested by SonnyE the 3, 2, 1 method. Will post again after 3 hrs.

Reactions: markh024
Keep us posted, looks like a good start to a fine dinner.

Chris

Ribs came off at 3:45 wrapped in aluminum foil. Back in for 2 hrs.Note to self STOP chasing a few degrees. As shown in the picture I replaced the stock regulator with one with a needle valve. With my old hands and its sensitivity,
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_1527.JPG
IMG_1525.JPG
IMG_1525.JPG
I was going back and forth for a few degrees. The thermometer in the door from masterbuilt is also 15 degrees low. Will post and in two hours. thinking about putting some Bushs baked beans in a small cast iron pan and putting it in the smoker for the last 15 minutes with a few chips, what do you guys and girls think

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Lookin good so far!

Put the beans right under those ribs after you unwrap them and let them drip into the beans. Really adds flavor!

Damn too late
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
ribs went back in out of the foil, will do next time. I added a few chips to get a little more smoke.Nothing to do now but wait the final hour. Guess i will have a little ice tea OR that could be GENTLEMEN JACK. I will let you decide

Al this is my honest take. They were extremely tender. Actually, I would have preferred a little more bite. very little bark on them. Would have loved a little more smoke. I am thinking of cutting down on the time in the foil. I will add another full chunk during the last hour. I guess as you stated its all about experimentation. All in all still some of the best ribs i have made

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky