First Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
points1.png
  Beautiful ribs, Way to go. 

Fantastic looking Ribs some of the best color I've seen. (I'm Jealous)  If that tasted 1/2 as good as they look you hit a home run.

points1.png

Gary

Wow! You guys are just too much! Thank you! As far as how they tasted...I'm a fan. I like my ribs to be tender. Not FOB but the meat should bite off clean. Check! I concocted my own rub that included brown sugar and a nice kick of cayenne pepper. There's a noticable and enjoyable heat but not too hot. A nice sweetness to the bark but still savory. No body that has tried them ever requested sauce so I was proud of that. It's funny, as much as I enjoyed the process and eating, I more enjoy the feedback from those who have tried them. Thanks again everyone for the kind words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be gentle, I'll only take a rack and a half,great looking ribs!
Ok fellas...here we go! The final product. The "money shot". Be gentle...
491b31ea696dcb4b3ac21e18f926fc79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are some mighty tasty looking ribs. I think you need to build a bigger smoker. I think you will be getting more friends than you can feed. We will all be over next weekend.

Those look fantastic. Great color. I love pecan.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of to hold the temp down would be to add a draft port at the opposite end of the fire pit. It can be a simple design so you can adjust it as needed.

Your ribs looks delicious!

Those are some of the best "first ribs" I've seen! Nice cook! Looking forward to seeing your pork butt!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky