Fan Option

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tex1911

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Just thought I would share the fans I have turned into my "BBQ" fans. I posted the picture in another thread but thought I would start new thread in case folks wanted to see my fan set up.

FAN 20190330_175756.jpg

It has USB on one end which you can see where I plug into 110 outlet with typical phone/USB adapter. It has on/off switch in-line. It also has a pigtail with female USB so you can daisy-chain another fan onto it for additional fans.

I typically use it when cold smoking with my MES 40 by placing it on top of the top vent and suck the smoke in from my "Mailbox Mod". I don't leave it there long since it only takes a few seconds to get good air flow. At times, I might use the other one at the MB Mod to force air into the MES 40. They are not strong at all and have just enough power to do the job. They don't have enough power to possibly throw ashes everywhere in case you have some in the chip tray. I leave mine out anyway but still. And the In-Line switch is very handy.

Here in the south, we don't get the wind folks get further up north so I basically use it as a "primer" just to get the flow going. After that, I seldom have to use it since I have figured out the sweet spot for the vents on my MB. But its nice getting that initial flow started with little effort. If you need some more air flow, these have worked out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky