Eye of round ideas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cj7851

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Wheeling, WV
I bought a 7.5lb eye of round a while ago I'm honestly not sure what I should do with it looking for suggestions.

Sous vide makes for a tender roast if you own one.It is a very lean cut of meat makes excellent jerky,I currently have one in the fridge that I'm going to grind up for burger.

Reactions: JC in GB
Two ideas 1) Hit it with SPOG and smoke to rare. Chill and slice for roast beef lunchmeat. 2) Brine in Pops brine for the appropriate time based on thickness (guessing 10 -14 days) smoke to 150ish for awesome dried beef lunchmeat.

Speaking of eye round. I just sliced up some for jerky using my new chefs choice slicer.

Eye round is excellent for jerky.
I see a newer poster pointed out Woot has a Chefs Choice slicer on sale today for around $70. 601 model

I was considering dried beef but wasnt sure never done it before but always like trying new things.

Would there be any issues with cutting it into a couple pieces? Maybe do some jerky and some dried beef.

Also anyone have any good dried beef recipes/tips.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky