Eye of Round I have extra $2.69 per pound

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Holly2015

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 10, 2018
I stopped into BJ's wholesale club today and eye of round was $2.89 per pound. I asked if there was a discount for case quantity and there is $0.20 per pound. So I had no choice but to buy a 75 pound case.

EOR1.jpg

EOR3.jpg

Last edited:
Great Price, Holly!!
I waited years for Eye Round to go down below $4 around here again, and finally a few weeks ago it went down to $2.98 at "Weis", so I bought 3 Whole Eye Rounds.
Now I see it is down to $2.49 this week @ "Weis". Guess I gotta get 3 more!!!

Bear

Whole Eye of round at BJ's jumps between $2.89 to $3.39 per pound. Last week they were $3.39 this week $2.89. If you get them trimmed the price is about $0.30 per pound higher.

So my plan is if no one locally wants any:

2 of the EOR's are sliced up and marinating in Veri Veri Teriyaki and cure #1 to make jerky with tomorrow.
2 more will get sliced later today and start marinating for spicy jerky.
2 or 3 will get cured for Bresaola
1 or 2 cured for dried beef (not this weekend)
The rest will get frozen and dealt with at later dates.

Eye of round is my favorite beef to work with. Very versatile especially for cuing.

Nice List, Holly!!
Sounds like a Plan!!
Not much waste from Eye Round either!!

I gotta do one or two of mine for Fork Tender SV Roast Beef for my "Hot Roast Beef Sammies with Gravy".

Bear

On a similar note, I was surprised to see Costco had its choice eye of the round at $2.69/lbs today. I bought a ton for jerky.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky