Electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lot of people (including myself) use the Masterbuilt. Some need modifications, others work fine as they are. Check Bearcarvers review on these smokers. The Gen 2.5 seems to be the best of the bunch.

Had a Masterbuilt MES 30" digital. Did a lot of overnight smokes with it.....BUT I also did a lot of work on it to keep it running. Masterbuilt replaced it twice and then sent me different parts that went out.
81cT99mrWxL._SL1500_.jpg

Then I got a Masterbuilt analog smoker and have done more smoking on it then i can remember never had a problem with it but less electronic parts parts to go bad. I use them for winter smoking. Keep's heat better and don't have to baby sit them like my other smokers.

But I also have two electric smokers, a Pellet smoker Pitboss 700, Masterbuilt propane smoker XL and a Masterbuilt wood/stick burner.

41EwcpYAHAL.jpg

so to sum it up, great if you don't have the time to baby sit the smoker and they do turn out some good smoked meat.

I was thinking of buying a electric smoker are they worth the money

while i have no experience with an electric smoker, the two things i've learned from reading this forum is that they have a hard time producing the "smoke ring" in meats, and have difficulty maintaining a high temperature when smoking a lot of meat at once. if any of these matter to you, you may want to consider other options besides electric, or do more research on how to overcome them if you're intent on electric.

I say yes, worth the money. Love mine. Pretty much set and forget with an AMNPS. Had a gasser and doable but was constantly fiddling to keep temps stable. I originally thought electric was fake/cheating but now believe the opposite and that insulation and digital temp control offer better control/results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky