Dyna-Glo wide body vertical smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Logan

Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
Hello,
I just purchased the Dyna-Glo wide body vertical smoker on Amazon and it will be at my house in 2 days. Im by far not new to smoking meat. I mainly have been using my 2 UDS. I've seen people talking about mods for theirs. I'm wondering if I will be able to use it without mods right away. And can I mod it later and seal it? Wanting to try a rack of ribs this weekend to test it out.
Also is it possible to use just wood in this? Or do I have to use charcoal too? Thank you in advance.

I dont have the wide body, mines just the regular one but the only mod i've done to it in 3 years was to add some sheet metal as a deflector inside the cook chamber right above the firebox hole. Just enough to push the heat into the middle of the cook chamber. Other than that its been a great buy and really hassle free

Hello,
I just purchased the Dyna-Glo wide body vertical smoker on Amazon and it will be at my house in 2 days. Im by far not new to smoking meat. I mainly have been using my 2 UDS. I've seen people talking about mods for theirs. I'm wondering if I will be able to use it without mods right away. And can I mod it later and seal it? Wanting to try a rack of ribs this weekend to test it out.
Also is it possible to use just wood in this? Or do I have to use charcoal too? Thank you in advance.

Did you get a chance to use your Dyna-Glo yet? I am thinking about purchasing one and I would like your opinion.

Hello,
I get some charcoal lit and then use it to ignite the wood chips. Iturn the gas down to regulate my heat but I still have to keep my bottom door open a little to use it as a regulator also. Sometimes I just stick a pan of chips right on top of the burners and let it smoke. The doors have seals on them to keep the smoke in. So who cares if you lose a little smoke? People get so anal about losing smoke.

Reactions: Dead-Smoker
I get some charcoal lit and then use it to ignite the wood chips. Iturn the gas down to regulate my heat but I still have to keep my bottom door open a little to use it as a regulator also. Sometimes I just stick a pan of chips right on top of the burners and let it smoke. The doors have seals on them to keep the smoke in. So who cares if you lose a little smoke? People get so anal about losing smoke.
what do you think about making a insulated cabinet for it? a coffin so to say.

HAHA! Stretching my leg? You will have some high heat. Unfortunately you can't turn off one of the burners. Personally I think it makes a better grill/oven than smoker. I'm eventually gonna swap out the burners for a single one. Cheaper than buying a different smoker. Or make a bigger burn pan for the bottom.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky