Duel Grind Attachment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The wife got me the Lem big bite dual grind for Christmas last year. I've run about 25 lbs. thru it so far and no problems. I haven't had to regrind any yet. I think it works well.

I been looking at this but my LEM grinder is a #5 The double grind starts at #8. I really dont need an #8 as I dont do nearly as much as I used to.

What do you do if you just want a single course grind?
Not totally sure, but I would think you could use a larger size plate instead of the 4.5mm plate that comes with it. That is if the plates are interchangeable between the two heads.

Last edited:
I have the #8 attachment and I do like it. The first plate is a 3 hole kidney plate and cannot be changed with another plate, the second plate can be whatever hole size you want. I can single pass through the 1/8“ plate and it’s a good grind, so yes this is a time saver and can eliminate a double grind. I have the standard head boxed up in storage now and exclusively grind with the dual grind head.

I can single pass through the 1/8“ plate and it’s a good grind, so yes this is a time saver and can eliminate a double grind
My weston manages a 4.5mm (about 3/16) in a single pass without an issue It's the plate I use for most of my stuff, but I don't think I'd try to push it any farther without running through a coarse plate first. I do cube my meat up into fairly small pieces, though.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
My weston manages a 4.5mm (about 3/16) in a single pass without an issue It's the plate I use for most of my stuff, but I don't think I'd try to push it any farther without running through a coarse plate first. I do cube my meat up into fairly small pieces, though.
You can get away with that if you do the extra knife work and keep it cold. With the dual grind I cut meat into long strips, less knife work, and let it eat even through the 1/8” plate. Saves some time, is it worth it? Now it is to me because the cost of it all was yesterday, today it’s all good.

Reactions: DougE
You can get away with that if you do the extra knife work and keep it cold.
I do both. One reason I don't do a lot of sausage when it's hot out. I still make some, but winter works a lot better since I can pretty much keep my work area at meat locker temps while I'm grinding.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I can't say in 40+ yrs that I have actually ever dual ground anything. I have had others sausage that was and I thought it seemed mushy. Maybe just me 🤷‍♂️

I thought Keith had one . indaswamp indaswamp
Nope, don't have one. I as looking at getting one but then I saw that you can only use the kidney plate for first grind and well, that is not what I need for salami...or when grinding goose. I much prefer double grinding and matching the plates for the texture I want. But if sll you eill br doing is hamburger or smoke sausages, then I'm sure this would work well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky