Dippit Sammichs anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
Last weekend we smoked a prime rib and it was awesome, but as usual, when smoking/grilling for 2, there's always something leftover. We usually share our extra smoked meats with our neighbors, but NOT PR... We vacuum packed the leftover PR and refrigerated it until this morning.

I sliced the PR fairly thin and set it aside while I sauteed some onions and green bell pepper. Once those were done, I added some butter to the skillet, dropped in half of the slices of meat, and let it warm and brown a bit. After the meat was heated through, I added a couple of slices of provolone cheese to the top and let them melt. The meat and cheese was then transferred to some au jus treated bread that the bride obtained, added the onions and peppers and dined well!

Of course we had a little au jus on the side just in case....
IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

There you go, fine looking sandwich from the PR leftovers that .....YOU will never share with your neighbours.
Good for you and sucks to be living next to you. LOL. That's right tease them with the smokey goodness smells , and no samples. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

That is a great looking steak melt sandwich.

David

Definitely have leftovers when cooking for two (I have the same no-complaint issue) and love seeing how you prepare yours! Great looking sammich!

That cut shot has me close to licking the phone lol. Serusoly looks good. I put a bit away in the freezer too. A sandwich like this is on my horizon.

Last weekend we smoked a prime rib and it was awesome, but as usual, when smoking/grilling for 2, there's always something leftover. We usually share our extra smoked meats with our neighbors, but NOT PR... We vacuum packed the leftover PR and refrigerated it until this morning.

I sliced the PR fairly thin and set it aside while I sauteed some onions and green bell pepper. Once those were done, I added some butter to the skillet, dropped in half of the slices of meat, and let it warm and brown a bit. After the meat was heated through, I added a couple of slices of provolone cheese to the top and let them melt. The meat and cheese was then transferred to some au jus treated bread that the bride obtained, added the onions and peppers and dined well!

Of course we had a little au jus on the side just in case....
View attachment 693679
View attachment 693680
View attachment 693681
View attachment 693682
View attachment 693683
Damn nice Sammy Crank! I would chow that down in a minute.

Fantastic looking buzzard bait Cranky.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky