Dino bone spare ribs help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These look great to me. Shouldn't have took more than 6-7 hours at 250. Especially since you wrapped. Beef ribs are best when you can stick probe in the meat and it feels like placing a toothpick in peanut butter. That can happen anywhere between 195 and 203+. I don't wrap or spritz my beef ribs. If your ribs rest in foil you will certainly over cook them. The ones I posted had a 10min or less rest uncovered and they were perfect
Awesome Info, gonna try that technique next go around!!

Reactions: TNJAKE
These were the Dino bone short ribs.

OK, you called them spare ribs which is why folks were confused.

Also, the fat really didn’t render down completely and was pretty fatty when cutting.

I remove ALL of the fat cap on short ribs. It does not render and all the seasoning you put on the fat does not get to the meat.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
You will never render all the fat out of the ribs so I just cut around it. As far as the doneness I don't go by temp I go by feel. I use a toothpick to tell me if the meat is still tight or tender. You can have 3 slabs of ribs all the same temp but they may not all be tender at the same time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky