• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dinner rolls

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ol' smokey

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Feb 4, 2009
I've been making these for a while now. The following qview is of dinner rolls for Christmas. I also make hamburger size buns and regular loaf bread using the same recipe. These won't fall apart with a juicy burger patty or pulled pork like the store bought ones. I'll save you the torture of the risings. These were made in a 8"x8" disposable cake pan. Each roll weighed 25 grams prior to baking.

After the second raise. Next is into the oven.

After 15 minutes at 375°

The recipe requires that everything is weighed in grams. I have it on an excel spreadsheet. The recipe is adjustable for the amount of dough needed. This batch was 400 grams, 16 rolls* 25 grams. For hamburger buns I use 80 grams per bun, The same 8x8 pan makes 4 buns requiring 320 grams. A 1 lb. loaf of bread requires 455 grams.

Anyone interested in the excel spreadsheet that I use just PM me and include your email address.

Thanks for looking

txbbqman

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Excellent looking rolls my friend, thanks for sharing

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Now those are some mighty fine looking buns/rolls that you are making there.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

rambler

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Great rolls. Bread is my down fall for a diet...... but what a way to go!!!

walle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Smokey
Great looking buns! I'll have to pass on the recipe - anything that requires an exactness to the gram is outta my league!

I use my mom's recipe, which goes like this:

2 cups warm water
2 T sugar
2 t salt
Desolve 2 t yeast until it bubbles, (and here is the good part),

"add enough flour to make good dough"!!!
icon_confused.gif

Love your bread pictures.
Thanks for sharing,
Tracey

bassman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 15, 2007
Great looking rolls even if I don't know what a gram is!
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky