Dead Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The alarms are worthless on the Auber plug and play (you have to be next to it and the alarms aren't alarming-too quiet) so out of my 6 probe BT therm I just set a custom range for example 145-290F when hot smoking around 275 and put it next to the Auber sensor.

Reactions: tallbm
The alarms are worthless on the Auber plug and play (you have to be next to it and the alarms aren't alarming-too quiet) so out of my 6 probe BT therm I just set a custom range for example 145-290F when hot smoking around 275 and put it next to the Auber sensor.

Like dr k I too use my wireless Thermopro TP-20 and it's alarms come in super handy.
My HeaterMeter PID uses wifi and in the case that signal goes to crap or my wifi has gone down (needed router restart) the TP-20 worked like a champ.
I also have a funny situation where my GFI outlet has tripped due to SOMEONE using a hardcore hair dryer on the same GFI circuit in the house and that tripped the breaker. Instead of telling me they just went to a different room and continued hair drying lol. The only thing running was a separate thermometer measuring smoker high and low temps and it's alarm rescued me in this situation :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky