Cutting board that doesn’t break the bank

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This one was fun to make until I realized I flipped one section the wrong way during one of the multiple glue ups.

Maple, Cherry, Walnut and Padauk.
The gradient board is Maple and Padauk.

Padauk??
Where's the Bubbinga?
I've used some of each of those. They are the only ones I wore a Dust Mask when working with them. Highly Toxic!
Very Nice, Charlie!

Bear

Reactions: kilo charlie
Fancy "Woven" Cheese Boards??

With Handles?
unnamed.jpeg

Or Finger Holes: (Those "Weaves" are various natural woods):
75424510_157939788935716_3725787913422635008_o.jpeg

unnamed copy 3.jpeg

Last edited:
The face grain boards look really nice .
I agree. Its about 1.5 inches thick and the grain is nice a flat so it should hold up well for a long time. The zebra wood inset adds a nice touch too! I am going to to a walnut/zebra handled kitchen knife to match it!

Reactions: Nodak21
Actually, I checked with My Son last night. The Safe-Stop cartridge costs about $90, and a crash doesn't always ruin the blade. At least according to the research he did since buying the Table saw. It hasn't happened for him yet.

Bear

Thanks for the information John.

$90.00 isn't bad at all. Good to know that the blade isn't always ruined.

Glad to hear that your son hasn't had to test the unit.

Reactions: Bearcarver
There's a lot that goes into making a wood cutting board , and the options can add up . However a quality wood board with proper care will last your life time and be passed down the line .
So I always think of it like this . Divide the number of times used into the length of ownership . Comes out pretty cheap in the end .
Get a larger plastic board if that fits your need .
Here's just an idea of some of the steps that goes into a wood board .
View attachment 526614
View attachment 526623
View attachment 526617

View attachment 526615
View attachment 526616
View attachment 526619
View attachment 526621
View attachment 526620
View attachment 526622
That's the short version .
Top notch boards from chopsaw chopsaw ! I’ve got a beautiful one in my collection.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky