Curing Chamber Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
85% might induce mold to grow.....
70% will cause case hardening.....

The reason folks use less that 80% to dry their meat products IS .....
They don't want to wait the 4 months to have a perfect product.....

I laid my humidity sensor for inkbird controller on counter prior to installed. It was next to 4 mini humidity sensors and they all read within 1% of each other. I put the mini sensors in salt calibration container and they were all over the place. Tried it with inkbird sensor and it to wasnt in line. All registered between 72-99%

I think I have controller dialed in where I can maintain 72-82% humidity and 49-57*F.

Tried salt test again. I think may had too much water first time. Let me know if this is correct water salt ratio

2837745E-3E9E-4D3F-B00A-9D4858EEFDCC.jpeg
DB84C06A-963D-4AC2-828D-326D93F0F5DB.jpeg

Yeah right after I sent jumped to 90+ percent. Removed all excess water and added two additional sensors. Will let it sot overnight

got 3 lbs spanish chorizo fermenting inside at 68* and 90% humidity. I added humidifier back for fermenting as it would only go up to 84ish naturally

So I just recently had a batch of landjager finish up in 50mm UMAI bags and turned out fantastic. This got me thinking which usually isnt a good things. Since UMAI works so well This allows me to convert half of sausage chamber into a keezer. I did bottled home brew a few years ago but always wanted it on tap. Plan is to have two kegs on tap with 2.5 gallon each. I have most of the parts and will be getting it put together over next few weeks. Brewed a pumpkin ale on Fri last week and should finish fermenting this weekend. Will cold crash it then do pressure transfer to another keg for consumption. Took turkey fryer pot and turned into brew kettle. Will start doing all grain BIAB for next batch. Either going with a NEIPA or Imperial Stout

dual regulator has one line going inside to pressurize the kegs. Other outlet will stay outside for keg pressurization. That way dont have to open lid and let out cold air. Keg inside is the pumpkin ale fermenting

962CDB3E-35E5-459C-A55D-B56D0BE3BDE3.jpeg
3BDE5613-01E7-4B07-B3A8-003C3732C54B.jpeg
29DFA4D7-5424-47FC-841A-C4C0C3261716.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky