Creole goodness...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well looks like ya`ll are having fun with this recipe and I am glad you are giving it a try..Thanks for all the comments !!! Even a failure of these are good to eat...Mel you have come the closest so far...
biggrin.gif
  You just have to keep trying...

I actually bought a 1/4 cup scoop today to help me portion out pralines better. I hope it works!
I have tried that and it did not work for me because it took to much time to scoop them out before they started to setup. Then I tried a muffen tin but that made them to thick and like a Peanut Patty..My last few that I get out are usually kinda crappy..I have also made them with chopped pecans but there not like the old fashion ones..

I just use a spoon and dip them out and try not to get them to big or to small.. but as I said the last few never look right so I eat them first..some people make one thats chewy but I do not like those..

I agree, the melt in your mouth kind are the best!

I also don't like the condensed milk praline recipes. Just a little too creamy I think, kinda makes em cloyingly sweet.

And just a thought, I think I'll break some of those whole pecans in half next time. That may make it easier to pour, and allow for me to use a whole 4 cups of the best nut on earth! :)

Mel I do not use real big pecans in mine and I usually chop some of them up...Yes melt in your mouth is much better...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky