Creole goodness...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well looks like ya`ll are having fun with this recipe and I am glad you are giving it a try..Thanks for all the comments !!! Even a failure of these are good to eat...Mel you have come the closest so far...
biggrin.gif
  You just have to keep trying...

I actually bought a 1/4 cup scoop today to help me portion out pralines better. I hope it works!
I have tried that and it did not work for me because it took to much time to scoop them out before they started to setup. Then I tried a muffen tin but that made them to thick and like a Peanut Patty..My last few that I get out are usually kinda crappy..I have also made them with chopped pecans but there not like the old fashion ones..

I just use a spoon and dip them out and try not to get them to big or to small.. but as I said the last few never look right so I eat them first..some people make one thats chewy but I do not like those..

I agree, the melt in your mouth kind are the best!

I also don't like the condensed milk praline recipes. Just a little too creamy I think, kinda makes em cloyingly sweet.

And just a thought, I think I'll break some of those whole pecans in half next time. That may make it easier to pour, and allow for me to use a whole 4 cups of the best nut on earth! :)

Mel I do not use real big pecans in mine and I usually chop some of them up...Yes melt in your mouth is much better...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky