craiglist smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well this thing needs some work but nothing major. I took a grinder with a wire wheel to the inside and got it cleaned out real good.It was kinda nasty. Sprayed it down with some cooking oil. Fixing to go put some fire to it. I'll repaint this spring. I want get a new thermo and some new ceramic grates.Meantime I'll be doing all the mods.

Sweet! You got yourself a helluva deal there glued!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thats not a silver smoker, thats a Brinkman Pitmaster, and you might have just got away with "murder". The newer ones weigh about 70 pounds, and are okee dokee units. But the older models have a lot more metal and weigh over 120 pounds-those are pretty darn nice units! I got one this summer. Been in a barn for 5 years and has never had a fire built in it!

Whats it weigh, does it have the side door on the fire box?

I guess you overlooked that one
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

I guarantee it's every bit of 120lbs I don't know exactly I didn't weigh it.

yea it has the door on the fire box.

DING DING DING DING!! A winner!

You can burn wood in that one no problem. Eats a lot of fuel, but it holds a nice temp.
Build a basket, raise the firebox floor, put in a sheet metal baffle and lower the exhaust and away you go!
I will get some photos tonight, I am going to do some turkey wings n drums tonight.

According to me, 40$ is not much expensive.
You should try it and find what exactly it is.

Thanks Debbie. It looked more like they used it to grill, It didn't appear as if they used the firebox in quite some time. I don't know if they understood how. There were no signs of smoke residue either.

After I sprayed the inside with cooking oil I put some on a rag and was wiping the the outside of it too. My wife came outside and asked me if I was Armor alling it, So in a sense yes I was. Looks like I painted it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky