Corned Beef Brisket ( Molasses and Mustard Sauce Glaze )and Bacon and Cheddar Potato Puffs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Corned Beef Brisket ( Molasses and Mustard Sauce Glaze )and Bacon and Cheddar Potato Puffs

I picked up a small one at the store because it was only $ 4.99 ( 1 Pound )
Thought I would give it a go as I love corned beef . The package had stove top or oven
instructions on it . Cook in the package or remove. So being first time thought I do it wrong, lol
Boiled for 2 hours than smoked it for an hour and a half
DSC_5702.JPG DSC_5703.JPG

While this is boiling , I made some mashed potatoes and got the fixins ready for the potato puffs. And made the glaze for the corned beef
1/2 cup Molasses and 1/2 cup my mustard pickle sauce and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Boil than simmer until thick

DSC_5706.JPG DSC_5708.JPG

Into the smoker at 245 - 250 Deg. with Cherry chips, with the glaze on it right away, not hot enough to burn the glaze

DSC_5709.JPG DSC_5710.JPG

So while that is in the smoker and the potatoes have cooled some , Beat 2 eggs added the 1/3 cup sour cream, my back bacon and 1 cup of cheddar cheese
and green onions , . Mix all than add 4 cups of the mashed, mix all again and than it said to put into greased muffin tins, Mona not home so could not find
where she hid them ( she will not let me use her pans and things in the smoker) So I found a tray for mini muffins and also used 4 of my Ramekins

DSC_5707.JPG DSC_5712.JPG
DSC_5714.JPG

DSC_5717.JPG

These went into our oven, I know I always try to smoke everything but the smoker is at 250 and these have to cook at 400 Deg.
(But really I am scared of Mona and did not want to put the muffin tin in the smoker )
So they are in for about 30 -40 minutes Took the muffin try ones out just before the large ones. As for the size and did not want to dry them out.

DSC_5718.JPG

DSC_5725.JPG

The corned beef is ready , brought in and sliced, drizzled on a little more glaze . Made some baby carrots and snap sugar peas with brown sugar and butter sauce

DSC_5720.JPG

DSC_5722.JPG

DSC_5723.JPG

close up of the little potato puffs, these are great next time I will do full size in in the smoker when I get my own muffin tins

DSC_5724.JPG

So I did up a plate for myself as home alone ( 1 pound of beef brisket is not very much meat ) , so will have to make my own at some point and larger cut of meat, lol

DSC_5728.JPG

DSC_5727.JPG

DSC_5730.JPG

Well it was a great meal and the corned beef was very tasty and love the Potato Puffs ( next time with reg size muffin tins as the wee ones were good just felt like snack food and the dish ones were good I just want the size of the tins just to see.)
The molasses and mustard glaze was great and a perfect combo for the corned beef.

Thanks for making it to the end

David

Delicious looking meal David! And of course I had to come look to see what you were doing with your potatoes!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Some fine work there David, I do a CB at least once a month, love the stuff! Tried smoking one once, didn't much care for it, I'm a stovetop and crockpot guy. Leftovers for a grilled Reuben on rye are tough to beat! RAY

Some fine work there David, I do a CB at least once a month, love the stuff! Tried smoking one once, didn't much care for it, I'm a stovetop and crockpot guy. Leftovers for a grilled Reuben on rye are tough to beat! RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

The corned beef was great, you are right I did not see much difference in the flavor from the smoke , it was just a great corned beef. And loved the glaze . It was way to small to have much in the leftover area. lol

David

I don't know anyone who doesn't like CB and that plate sure looks good David.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky