Cook time on a tank

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1sgwinks

Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Greetings all:
I read someplace the length of time a 20 pound tank lasts but I can't find it now
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
Can someone give me a swag please
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

stay safe troopers
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I use a 40# tank and easily get 40 hours smoking on low or med heat. I would think a 20# tank would roughly be half that time.

Thanks guys
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I usually pick the tank up and if I can lift it without throwing out my back I figure it is time to get it refilled
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Seriously-I am going to go buy another tank from Lowes this weekend and then I have a spare but since I know how long I have used the current tank I have no worries. I appreciate the input-btw-what the HELL is a BTU
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

stay safe troopers

BRITTISH THERMAL UNITS
learned that in skool still dont what it means even after combustion eng. class and still cant drive a train

BUT-Smokin' meat is all about LOW heat so wouldn't it make sense to get a smoker with a low BTU
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Gawd-Ain't it hell dealing with an analytical First Sergeant
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

stay safe troopers

depends on what you want............you WANT low.........but sometimes high is nice........specially poultry........poultry doesn't benefit with low and slow...........imho

Thanks for the insight with chicken Dude-I didnt realize that these birds needed "low and slow"
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

BTW-I am originally from Webster City so we are ex-neighbors
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I am a bit of a 'Clone fan though-my wife graduated from ISU and I worked there for a few years before I went to work for the Iowa Dept. of Corrections at Ft. Dodge....you won't hold that against me will ya
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif

stay safe troopers

Correct me if I am wrong Dude (cause I am in my cups) but do you mean to tell me that you were born in Arizona and you moved to Iowa
confused.gif
confused.gif

What are the chances of an Iowa born boy moving to Arizona hooking up with an Arizona born boy moving to Iowa
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

This is getting spooky
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

stay safe troopers

can't help it..........my folks took me against my will...........i was only 9 months old......didn't have my full vocabulary of cuss werds at that young age........YET

That is right Dude. State law here requires they be filled by weight.
You take the tare weight and add 20#'s to it. This gives you the weight the tank should be when full. TW-18=38# and so on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky