Computer Crash!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll second that. The wd I that I just threw in the trash started having bad sectors pop up about a month after I got it and then just burned itself to death not even 18 months after I bought it. This is the first hd I've ever had die on me. Ever.

After having several HD crashes over the years I went out and spent $100 on a back up HD that has an autobackup program built into the drive. I dont do anything but let it run. Funny, since I bought the dang thing the HD crashes stopped happening - LOL

mad.gif
Paul, I have had hard drives crash a lot in the good old days. I am now very anal. I use Genie back up software and back up my complete computer on another local hard drive. All music, videos, pictures, documents go to an external hard drive which has Raid 1 software. The Raid NAS hard drive is 1 Tbyte. It uses only 500 gig and clones that drive onto another drive and the anal part is....that is not good enough for me, I have another external that clones the first one and like another smoker said...since I have done that...lucky me no crashes in 5 year....oops....just cursed myself there. Good luck..post the exchange when you can and if it takes too long the empty bottles will do.

Jay

Haha remember when 500 MB was big??? LOL now you can't buy a machine with that amount RAM and have it function.

Best wishes on the rebuild. At least your drive is still up and you can save info. Usually by the time I get the machines they are well done and usually killed by the owner not having up to date antivirus or malware programs.

I started out with the old Tandy 1000 . It had a 10 meg HD and 640K of Ram thought I was in heaven...

The old Tandy's. LOL I had a DOS based tandy (i think they came with a program called Deskmate or something like that) that had 256k ram and I thought I was cookin. Wow, 256k ram, I'll never use it all. Mid 80's
Ray

That is what the Tandy 1000 was, didn't have enough horsepower to run Windows...LOL

I started with a Commodore 64... No hard drive, a 5.25 floppy disk reader and only 64K (yep, 64 not 640) of internal ram, the CPU speed was a blazing 1.02 MHz, only DOS and a blinking light. When you turned the power off you would lose everything. We have come a long way since those days...

When I tell my nieces and nephews about the commodore 64 they think it was a band from the 70's or something... they never heard of such a creature...
tongue.gif

Don't forget about the Texas Instruments with the audio tape drive..... Can't remember what the model was or the ram, I can just remember sitting there saying......

You mean I can now save what I just worked on?????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky