Christmas weekend brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

David Halcomb

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 12, 2017
Let's see if I can turn this into something edible this weekend.....................

brisket.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
Meat is ready and so is smoker. Debating starting midnightish vs 4 am. Charcoal for starting and steady heat. Primarily I use wood.

20201226_153355.jpg

20201226_155954.jpg

Meat is ready and so is smoker. Debating starting midnightish vs 4 am. Charcoal for starting and steady heat. Primarily I use wood.

View attachment 477164

View attachment 477166

Depends on when you plan to eat, smoker temp, and size of the brisket.
I know at a constant 275F smoker temp, not opening door, and cooking unwrapped, a brisket takes me a little over 1hr a pound and I always aim to finish 4 hours early.
I tightly double wrap in foil and then wrap in 3 bath towels and set on the counter. 4hrs later I unwrap and it's piping hot! I cut, serve, and eat at that time :)

I usually place briskets in foil, towels and a cooler. I use a wood burner so more maintenance, don't want to start early then not wake up during the night.

From earlier this morning, Thin blue smoke..... And the wood.

blue smoke.jpg

wood.jpg

In at 2:00, wrapped at noon(?), I don't know but looking good.

open wrap.jpg

Quick look before it goes in the cooler. Awesome smell, entire cul-de-sac asking as to what am I smoking.

done.jpg

cooler.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky