Christmas Eve Brunch - Brisket Hash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
So I pulled out a package of sliced brisket flat from the freezer, and the rest is shall we say History.

Here's the ingredients:
DSC05319.JPG

Peeled and frenched the potatoes:
DSC05323.JPG

Both spuds:
DSC05326.JPG

Cubed the brisket:
DSC05327.JPG

and got the bacon going:
DSC05330.JPG

Potatoes have been cut to size, rinsed/soaked, and nuked for 3, 1 minute blasts. Then the bacon is removed and the spuds are added:
DSC05333.JPG

Cooked on med-high they're taking on some nice color:
DSC05334.JPG

add in the brisket and the seasoning:
DSC05337.JPG

When they are done add a couple of eggs - going over easy with these:
DSC05339.JPG

Plate some hash:
DSC05340.JPG

and then add the egg and bacon:
DSC05342.JPG

There you have it. Thanks for sticking with me on this post. I've loosened the draw-string on my pj's and am kicking back for some R&R.

Enjoy the holidays
Chris

Chris, that looks good from here

Merry Christmas!

- Jason
Thanks Jason, next time I'll use a real onion and garlic clove. I didn't have any in the house and really didn't want to go to the store.

Chris

Reactions: millerbuilds
Merry Christmas Chris. That's a dang fine looking meal. And yea, thanks for reminding me about not having that potato appliance.
Thanks Dave, and Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. The french fry cutter is a beast. We have 4 different blades for it.
Looks delicious
Appreciate it farmer

Chris

Good looking breakfast! Sometimes I like my eggs a little runny to dip my toast in.

Jim
Thanks Jim, my wife likes runny yolks also, but since I was cooking breakfast ha ha.
I would tear that up and sit back like a happy fat boy.
Appreciate it jkc. I have a couple packs of brisket slices left in the freezer. The next time I make this I'll run some of the slices thru the food processor to a better crunchy coating.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Now that is a full meal deal right there.

Looks great Chris, and it is a kind of loosen the draw strings couple of days around here also. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David
Appreciate it David. I feel kind of guilty just sitting back and not doing much of anything, but at least I did it on a full belly. Hopefully Santa brings me a new set of pj's for Xmas. The draw string on these has reached it's limits unfortunately.

Chris

Chris, Your hash looks delicious, my breakfast was cold tortiere pie. :)
Thanks Dave, I bet that pie was good too. I still have one meat pie in the freezer. I holding off until sometime in February to break it out.
Yum. I could take a plate. I like the potato slicer
Appreciate it FB. The slicer is a bit overkill for what we need, but it does a heck of job.

Chris

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky