Chorizo Sausage Links....Just in time for Football Sunday!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinvegasbaby

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Happy Football Sunday............woo-hoo!

It's me...... Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby checking in.  I know, It's been a long time since my last post....I've been busier than a one legged woman in a butt kicking contest LOL. Working sure does get in the way of my playtime.  Anyway, I had a couple of days to relax so I made a 5 lbs. batch of Chorizo Sausage Links.  I normally make Chorizo using MY season blend.  For this batch, I tried the LEM Chorizo Seasoning. I must say it was super tasty and the flavor is pretty darn close to my Chorizo recipe. I will use this product again SOON. This whole package will make a 5lbs. batch.  I ground up a 5 lbs pork shoulder and used the entire package of Chorizo seasoning, mixed with 5 oz. of cold water.  I stuffed all of my links and placed them in on a wire rack lined baking sheet pan.  I put them in the fridge UNCOVERED. and will leave them in there overnight.  This will help the flavors meld together and it will help the sausage casing to dry out. 

I purchased a small Masterbuilt Electric Smoker just for smoking sausage.  I love this little smoker.  I smoked my Chorizo with hickory chips.  I smoked it until it reached an internal temp of 155-160. I removed my Chorizo sausage from the smoker and put it into a large container full of ice water to stop the cooking process. My Chorizo Sausage Links are insanely delicious with a nice bite thru snap. 

Here's how I made my Chorizo Sausage Links with Sautéed Onions and Roasted Peppers

I sautéed some sliced yellow and green onions in a small pan with some olive oil - I cooked just until softened

I added some roasted bell peppers to the mix also

Then I added 2 of my Hickory Smoked Chorizo Sausage links to the pan.  I cooked my Chorizo sausage until it was warmed thru and slightly browned.

Finished Chorizo Sausage Links with Sautéed Onions and Roasted Peppers - finished just in time for my Steeler game....

It's a good thing my Chorizo Sausage Links were amazing because my Steelers are getting whooped!  I'm about ready to throw my "Terrible Towel" at the television screen

wife.gif

Thank you Lord for Football Sunday and Hickory Smoked Chorizo Sausage Links!

Last edited:
That all looks amazing my friend ! Absolutely awesome ! Thumbs Up Ya better come around more often or we'll have to send this guy after ya.... :police2: LOL ! Sure great to see a post from ya ! Thumbs Up

That all looks amazing my friend ! Absolutely awesome ! Thumbs Up Ya better come around more often or we'll have to send this guy after ya.... :police2: LOL ! Sure great to see a post from ya ! Thumbs Up

awww please don't send that guy after me brotha J LOL......how are you guys doing up there?

Haha ! We are hangin in !

Hope all is well with you !

Good to see you back in here.

That's some good lookin' sausage there.

I've bought me some natural casings 

and I'm working up my nerve to try it.

SVB, you're giving me courage.

Points to you.

Ed

Hi Josie! Great to see you here!

Excellent Chorizo! I'm sure those chorizo sandwees were fantastic!

Seems everyone's football teams this year aren't doing well. At least we can all still eat great food to drown our sorrows!

Those are some awesome looking sammies!

I have everything here to make some  Chorizo, were just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit.

Nice job!

Al

Good to see you back in here.

That's some good lookin' sausage there.

I've bought me some natural casings 

and I'm working up my nerve to try it.

SVB, you're giving me courage.

Points to you.

Ed
Thanks Ed.  I say just jump on in there and make your sausage....you will be glad you did.

Be Blessed and Keep on SMOKING!

Josie

Hi Josie! Great to see you here!

Excellent Chorizo! I'm sure those chorizo sandwees were fantastic!

Seems everyone's football teams this year aren't doing well. At least we can all still eat great food to drown our sorrows!
Thanks my friend.  YUP both of my teams got whooped yesterday
th_crybaby2.gif
 and you're right I had some good eats to drown my sorrows LOL.

Take care my friend.

Josie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky