Chinese BBQ Spare Ribs, Pork Fried Rice and Pork Egg Rolls...Q-MATZ Tested Hard!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jasmine is fine but I never tried brown. Should be fine. Fresh made rice gets mushy and falls apart. Day+ old rice dries a bit and the amylopectin recrystallizes resulting in a firm and separate grain final product...JJ

Great meal, Chef! Points for sure.

I have been cooking on a perforated metal sheet but the qmatz look so much easier. You may have sold me.

Disco

Cleanup is a breeze. Thanks for the point...JJ

Thank you very much for your testing as well as the amazing meal Chef!  My family loves any Asian dish so I can only imagine that this recipe will definitely be in my future.

I bought a mat several months ago for smoking cheese and I'm so glad that I did, but I had no idea that it could handle such things as meat at higher temps.  I think that I just might start using it for everything on my offset stick burner.

Chad

Great post JJ! I see this is over 4 years old but worth resurrecting. A lot of good tips in there...

How are your Qmatz holding out after all this time?

All the meals were worth a vote....   BUT....  You got mine for 2 reasons...   The Theme throughout the plate was genius...  and I love Chinese food...    other than that, not much left to say except...  pts....

Thanks guys. The Qmatz are still going strong...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky