Chili Time - and a reorder Carol Shelby's Texas Chili Mix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
Thanks to this site I learned about Carol Shelby's Texas Chili mix a long time ago. I ordered a bulk pack of it and have enjoyed the best chili I could possibly taste for a while now.

Tonight I made a large batch of chili and when I went into the cupboard for the mix I realized it was my last box. Oh no! What do I do? Go to Amazon and get myself another bulk pack.

cs_texas_chili_mix.jpg

If you have never tried this you should at least treat yourself to it one time at least. They also have a great White chili mix that is awesome.

I've never used it before, so I went to their site to read about it. Oh my were there a butt ton of negative reviews. Virtually all complaining about a change in the way it tastes after the current company that owns it took over a few years back. I'm positive I've seen it on the shelves here so now I must know for myself.

• Sad
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Oh my were there a butt ton of negative reviews. Virtually all complaining about a change in the way it tastes after the current company that owns it took over a few years back.
I have finally discovered that reviews are worthless to me for the most part. Whether it be for movies, cars, food, etc. If I like it, I like it.
Lets them forget about their miserable lives while they're bitching .

I've used both for a lot of years . I didn't notice anything different , but I tend to make it how I like it .
So true! And like you, I use it for a base and build it how i like it.
And there are folks that just like to bitch.

Jim

Thanks to this site I learned about Carol Shelby's Texas Chili mix a long time ago. I ordered a bulk pack of it and have enjoyed the best chili I could possibly taste for a while now.

Tonight I made a large batch of chili and when I went into the cupboard for the mix I realized it was my last box. Oh no! What do I do? Go to Amazon and get myself another bulk pack.

View attachment 691555

If you have never tried this you should at least treat yourself to it one time at least. They also have a great White chili mix that is awesome.

I hadn't heard of this before - but we love chili, and I really like to try different mixes. Gonna have to give this on a try - thanks for sharing!

Red

BTW, the company responded to one of the complainers:

Hi Bob, We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your most recent Carroll Shelby’s Chili purchase. And we do appreciate all consumer feedback. Outside of the salt packet removal in 2017, there have been no changes to the ingredient formula.

Tried it years ago but just wasn't the flavor I was looking for, I do like the Bush Chili Magic add a red bell pepper and a onion and simmer a lb of meat for each can and a can of diced tomato, you can make it hot or not .

Love the S&W beans . I skip the petite diced tomatoes and go with whole plum peeled .
I like them to break down more .

I also add a touch of regular chili powder and New Mexico Hot chili powder to my taste.
Check out the Flat iron pepper flakes if you get a chance . I use some Hatch chili powder too . Good stuff .
I also like this stuff . The original seasoning . The canned with no beans is great for chili dogs .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky