Chili and Baugettes on a Snowy Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Nice day to stay inside near Seattle.
20210214_102149.jpg
20210214_115602.jpg

20210214_120421.jpg

Leftover brisket made for a good, smokey chili. Also tried my hand at French baguettes from scratch.
20210214_152909.jpg
20210214_161522.jpg

20210214_164426.jpg

Definitely a good chili day! Those baguettes look amazing. Great job on them and the chili!

Ryan

Baguettes on the grill is amazing.
Slow cooker chili? Not dissing as it is my favorite method to bloom the flavors between smoked meat and the spices.

Lived in the PNW many, many years ago. I had to call in sick one day which happened on a snow day.
Food poisoning kept me at the throne all day.

Looks Belly Warming for sure. The bread looks great...JJ

mneeley490 mneeley490
That all looks Killer and I bet it taste great on a colder than usual Pacific Coast Sunday.
I can't believe that is your first attempt at baguettes I don't mean this personal at all.....I hate you.:emoji_joy:
Damn, you nailed those baguettes do you care to share the recipe that you followed?

Thanks a bunch.
Dan

The baguette looks phenomenal and I love it. I've never been any good at bread making, but may have to put some more effort into it...

I (and my breadmaker) reference King Arthur's recipes quite a bit.

This was the Youtube baguette recipe I went by.
I modified it just a bit to make 2 larger ones instead of 4 smaller, (because I sold my hardly ever used baking stone years ago) and now only have a 2-baguette pan. I placed a couple stacked sheet pans in the oven to heat up, and then set the baguette pan with parchment paper under the dough, on top of those. I also omitted the bowl over the top and instead placed a small pan underneath to heat, and splashed some water in it immediately after I put in the dough, to create some steam. Probably not as good as the baking stone version, but they still came out well.
French Baguettes

Last edited:
Baguettes on the grill is amazing.
Slow cooker chili? Not dissing as it is my favorite method to bloom the flavors between smoked meat and the spices.
Yes, I Like slow cooker chili, too. I put it the crockpot on high at about 11am, as only the brisket was pre-cooked. It was ready by 3, and delicious.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Both look great man! Send the snow to Utah! We are beggin for it...not much winter happening here...

Oh cmon, thats perfect smoking weather up here!:emoji_laughing: Chili looks good as does the bread!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky