Chicken Quarters - with Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zsmoking

Original poster
Oct 12, 2019
Picked up a 10 pound bag of chicken quarters for ~$6. The store was nearly out of all fresh meat(maybe a run on meat due to meat plant closure news?), but fortunately around here there always seems to be chicken legs/thighs no matter what and thighs are one of my favorite parts of the chicken.

Rubbed with store bought Cajun Seasoning. Smoked at 275 on an MES30 with an Amaze-N Tube.

1.png

Took the chicken off around 175-180 internal temperature.

2.png .

Put what I'm going to eat tonight in the air fryer to make the skin crispy along with some frozen seasoned fries. Will reheat the leftovers over the next couple days in the air fryer for meals.

3.png

4.png

Came out really good - cajun seasoning on chicken is really good and the air fryer to crisp the skin worked out well.

Leg quarters are my favorite. Looks great

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky