Cherries in Snack Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EyeChaser

Original poster
Oct 12, 2018
Hi All!

I make Snack sticks, sausage, bacon - all kinds of meats - everyone loves them - but... I tried adding cherries (dried / dehydrated) last year and they were horrible! I gave them away with the caveat that I know how bad they are (guy said they were good - just needed a beer or 6 to wash them down :) ).

So - I have had great commercial snack sticks with cherries, but I refuse to pay 2 bucks a stick - how can I incorporate cherries into mine?? Is it just a matter of dicing them up while they are fresh and mixing them in? Any suggestions on ratios?

Another question just popped in my head - is there a link for smoked fish snack sticks?? I'm in MI and we (wife, her sister and BIL) went to the UP for a fishing trip - he bought a couple fish sausages - I think he would appreciate some for xmas and I would love to try something new. I didn't like them personally - but he did :)

Thanks and I do look forward to upping my game and contributing where I can!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky