Cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jim Fitzgerald

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 13, 2018
I made this before but stuffed it with different items, this time it was with sharp cheddar and Mexican blend cheese, wrapped it in hickory smoked bacon and used cherry wood for my smoke flavor, I tell you what, it was so juice and the cheese just oozed out when you cut into it.

Attachments

• 33994797_10214706146160049_3408335352883052544_o (1).jpg
    33994797_10214706146160049_3408335352883052544_o (1).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 65
Jim, You just gave me a great idea for the odd pieces of bacon left from my mini fatty.

Goofy me, I'm thinking about injecting cheese into things, lately.
Like some melted Velveeta, or Cheese Whiz even.
Not to mention Ranch Dressing....

I know, I'm weird....

Reactions: Jim Fitzgerald
Jim, what method do you use for getting the chicken stuffed with the cheese? Do you pound out boneless skinless? Do you slice it open then create a pocket? I'd like to try this but not sure how to approach it. Thanks.

George

Jim, You just gave me a great idea for the odd pieces of bacon left from my mini fatty.

Goofy me, I'm thinking about injecting cheese into things, lately.
Like some melted Velveeta, or Cheese Whiz even.
Not to mention Ranch Dressing....

I know, I'm weird....
You just gave me a idea for the next time I make these, goat them in ranch dressing and than wrap them with the bacon

Reactions: SonnyE
Jim, what method do you use for getting the chicken stuffed with the cheese? Do you pound out boneless skinless? Do you slice it open then create a pocket? I'd like to try this but not sure how to approach it. Thanks.

George
the first time I pounded them out because I stuffed the with fresh tomato's and 6 cheese blend and in mine I added fresh mushrooms. second time I cut a pocket in the side and stuffed them that way

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
Just curious; I've done things like this on my grill <Artichoke swiss cheese stuffed> but not on a smoker; what temp and how long?

Just curious; I've done things like this on my grill <Artichoke swiss cheese stuffed> but not on a smoker; what temp and how long?
I had them at 140 and in about a hour and about 15 min. The internal temp was just about 167 when I took them out, they came out so juicy and tender. let me know when you do yours and how they come out.

I'll have to remember to do it some time; we don't often do bacon wrapped things. I did those artichoke ones on Mother's Day though on my big grill with other stuff, low and slow indirect heat with pear wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky