Changing Pellets in ZGrill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tamster

Original poster
May 1, 2020
I just got my Zgrill and was thinking about changing the pellets out. I don't see an easy way to do that. Do I have to burn them till they are gone? I have the Zgrill 700. Any advise would be great!! Thank you!

On my Camp Chef there is a pullout lever on the pellet hopper that releases all the pellets into a bucket (with a place to hang the bucket from!) quickly and easily. Pull the lever closed and add new pellets. Is their such a thing on your's?

Reactions: forktender
I just got my Zgrill and was thinking about changing the pellets out. I don't see an easy way to do that. Do I have to burn them till they are gone? I have the Zgrill 700. Any advise would be great!! Thank you!
If your grill doesn't have the pellet dump option hose out your shop vac to clean it up but make sure it is completely dry before suck them out or you'll be making a large batch of smoking dust.
Or use a small pot and scoop them out the best you can. I don't understand why some companies don't include a pellet dump option on their grills it makes no sense to me at all.

Last edited:
I bought this bucket head. Clamps to 5 gallon bucket.

grays-bucket-head-wet-dry-vacuums-bh0100-64_1000.jpg
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-...ible-with-5-Gal-Homer-Bucket-BH0100/202017218

I just bought the smallest shop vac Harbor Freight had, I use it just for the pellet grill.
It was $24 on sale, it works great so far going on it's 3rd yr with zero problems.

Thank you for all your replies! I have looked everywhere on that grill and there is no door to change out pellets easily. So, I will just have to use what I have then load it with an all around flavor of pellets. Other than that, I love this smoker/grill..! I have vacuumed out the ash and cleaned it every time I used it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky