Champion juicer for emulsifying. Wow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I found this one local. What should I look for looking at it?

1692783341964.png

It doesn't appear to have the blank plate. Which you'll need if you are going to emulsify meat. The cutter cone should have shape defined points on it. By looking at it. It looks to be in very nice condition.
I thought maybe the piece with the silver was it. Going to have to see what a blank plate is.

Brian, it would be the same as the silver /screen plate but solid so the meat goes to the end of the tube. The screen is where the juice would come out if making drinks. Just replace the solid plate for the screened one. From what I understand.

David

Reactions: zwiller
I paid more a used blank than David did for the machine LOL BTW there are TONS of used parts for these on ebay.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
No problem Brian. Glad to help. I bet they'll take it.
Brian will not be able to match the color of the juicer with the blank plates available today. They will work just fine but cannot buy that color. They have White, Black, Almond and Silver. So that a consideration. Not a big deal but still a thing. I’d just do black if it was me on that juicer.

Reactions: Steve H
Well thanks a lot fellas! Thanks to 2 Guys and a Cooler, Chud's BBQ and this forum. I started out sausage making less than 2 months ago. I've bought a grinder, stuffer, built a dry ageing cabinet and am currently working on a fermentation cabinet. Now just yesterday, I picked up a Champion Juicer for $125 CAD. I didn't get a blank plate or the top funnel but I'm in the game. Shipping on the parts to Canada in insane!! Trovinger won't even ship here. I blame all of you for this newest rabbithole! I so far have only done a Mortadella (in addition to a some jimmy Dean links, Spicey Italian sausage, Texas Hot Guts, Jalapeno Cheddar smokies & Summer Sausage plus the Capocollo and Bresaola I have started) and after nearly destroying a food processor doing 4lbs of it, I knew the hot dogs and bologna would have to wait until I got a Champion. Thanks also to whoever I saw had suggested using OxyClean ( BjornEK BjornEK ) to remove all the years of neglect. Worked a treat!

Mum-O-Killowe

Last edited:
Well thanks a lot fellas! Thanks to 2 Guys and a Cooler, Chud's BBQ and this forum. I started out sausage making less than 2 months ago. I've bought a grinder, stuffer, built a dry ageing cabinet and am currently working on a fermentation cabinet. Now just yesterday, I picked up a Champion Juicer for $125 CAD. I didn't get a blank plate or the top funnel but I'm in the game. Shipping on the parts to Canada in insane!! Trovinger won't even ship here. I blame all of you for this newest rabbithole! I so far have only done a Mortadella (in addition to a some jimmy Dean links, Spicey Italian sausage, Texas Hot Guts, Jalapeno Cheddar smokies & Summer Sausage plus the Capocollo and Bresaola I have started) and after nearly destroying a food processor doing 4lbs of it, I knew the hot dogs and bologna would have to wait until I got a Champion. Thanks also to whoever I saw had suggested using OxyClean ( BjornEK BjornEK ) to remove all the years of neglect. Worked a treat!

Mum-O-Killowe
MOK, You will love the Champion juicer for hotdogs etc. Good luck on the parts!

Reactions: Mum-O-Killowe
MOK, You will love the Champion juicer for hotdogs etc. Good luck on the parts!
Ok, I ran some Hot Dog mix through the Champion. It's "mostly" emulsified. I can still see the odd bigger piece in the tan emulsion. Should I just case them up and be done or should I chill it and run it through again? I had double ground the meat, then added the spices and mixed by hand. I'm thinking I should have sent the spiced mix through the grinder again to help more evenly distribute them. But here we are. Live and learn.

Hot Dog Emulsion.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky