can you smoke any fresh sausage if you add instant cure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Absoloutley, My sausage is never completely smoked to full temp for eating, always smoked till desired color and then frozen, to be cooked when eaten, just make sure you add the correct amount of cure #1 or tender quick, I have a killer "Brat Recipe" that is different then most recipes and it calls for cure #1 I like the nice red color it gives them, and in my opinion freezer life is increased by adding cure

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!  Glad you decided to joined us!

I think asking this question in the Sausage part of the forum would get you quicker answers.  Saw that you haven't posted in Roll Call before!  Happy to have you here with the crazy bunch of folks!  Lots to learn here.  Criag did give you the link for making sausage and that should help some.  If not ask questions!  

If you need help roaming around the forums...just shout!  Will be glad to help out!

Kat

If you add Insta cure to fresh sausage it is no longer fresh sausage it is now cured sausage. Both fresh and cured sausages can be smoked but they have to be smoked/cooked differently..... When cure is added you can smoke and cook at lower temps for longer periods of time. Fresh sausages must be hot smoked at 180 degrees to 225 to get through the danger zone in a certain period of time. We adopted a 40 to 140 in 4 hr rule here at SMF.

Good luck and happy smoking

Joe

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky