Can I please get some opinions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flatrate

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 8, 2015
Michigan
Hey folks.

As always I am looking to expand my arsenal of cooking gear. A couple months ago I started looking at these warmer/cookers. A couple times I almost bought 2 of these.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/av...-food-cooker-warmer-120v-1500w/177W50CKR.html

Today I was about ready to buy them and then I noticed these.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/se...ith-digital-controls-120v-1500w/423FW150.html

Really IMHO the only difference is the second one can hold a 6 in deep pan compared to the latter, and also has digital controls. And I keep wondering is it worth it? Please what would you go with and why?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

I guess it depends on what, and how much. you want to warm in them.

You also need to buy the pans, they are not included.

Thanks for posting.
I think I will buy the cheaper one with two half-size pans.
10x12x4 would be a good size for my uses.

Reactions: Flatrate
Yeah I know pans are not included. If you get one that makes me happy I posted!

Dave

Reactions: 02ebz06
Good morning from North Carolina.

@Flaterate, you will likely get more responses if you amend your title to include what you want opinions on. I don't normally open "clickbait" titled threads and would have passed on this one if I hadn't been cruising the equipment forum.

From my experience, these "warmers" are more for keeping already heated foods in the safe temperature range than for heating foods. One exception would be item that can be stirred to heat evenly like baked beans or pulled pork. Otherwise, they generally don't have the 360* all-round heating capability needed to consistently heat up all the contents of cold pans rapidly and safely.

If you do buy one you'll also want either pan covers to match you pans or chafing pan lid(s)..... or both.

I've had and sold a number of the electric countertop warmers over the years but have also had and still have Cambro Camcarrier insulated serving pan carriers for my occasional use as they don't need electricity, can be transported full and keep food appropriately hot or cold for hours.

They come in various colors and depths. Gaskets are available for the pan lids if desired to prevent leaks if the Camcarrier is handled roughly or is loaded with liquids.

Preheating the Camcarrier with boiling water and putting a inch or so of hot to boiling water in it (depending on how hot you want to hold the contents) before adding the food pans is the most you'll need to do even if holding or serving in cold weather or a few hours later. If the insulated cover is replaced when not actively serving it goes a long way to maintaining the desired temperature.

Lastly, the plastic is food safe so in theory at least, if you're filling the Camcarrier with one product you can dispense with the pans and just fill the entire container with food. I've had no need to do that but have seen it done with for bigger events, particularly for cold salads etc.

And, the Camcarrier can be sent through commercial conveyor dish washers if the dishwasher is big enough to take it.

There are less expensive brands of insulated pan carriers but I have no experience with them.

I hope some of this rambling helps.

Good morning from North Carolina.

@Flaterate, you will likely get more responses if you amend your title to include what you want opinions on. I don't normally open "clickbait" titled threads and would have passed on this one if I hadn't been cruising the equipment forum.

From my experience, these "warmers" are more for keeping already heated foods in the safe temperature range than for heating foods. One exception would be item that can be stirred to heat evenly like baked beans or pulled pork. Otherwise, they generally don't have the 360* all-round heating capability needed to consistently heat up all the contents of cold pans rapidly and safely.

If you do buy one you'll also want either pan covers to match you pans or chafing pan lid(s)..... or both.

I've had and sold a number of the electric countertop warmers over the years but have also had and still have Cambro Camcarrier insulated serving pan carriers for my occasional use as they don't need electricity, can be transported full and keep food appropriately hot or cold for hours.

They come in various colors and depths. Gaskets are available for the pan lids if desired to prevent leaks if the Camcarrier is handled roughly or is loaded with liquids.

Preheating the Camcarrier with boiling water and putting a inch or so of hot to boiling water in it (depending on how hot you want to hold the contents) before adding the food pans is the most you'll need to do even if holding or serving in cold weather or a few hours later. If the insulated cover is replaced when not actively serving it goes a long way to maintaining the desired temperature.

Lastly, the plastic is food safe so in theory at least, if you're filling the Camcarrier with one product you can dispense with the pans and just fill the entire container with food. I've had no need to do that but have seen it done with for bigger events, particularly for cold salads etc.

And, the Camcarrier can be sent through commercial conveyor dish washers if the dishwasher is big enough to take it.

There are less expensive brands of insulated pan carriers but I have no experience with them.

I hope some of this rambling helps.
Thanks for checking in Lance, yeah I am hipped to the lids. Yesterday after doing some measuring, thinking, and drinking I pulled the trigger on 2 of the Avantco units I linked.

Dave

Reactions: LanceR
Thanks for checking in Lance, yeah I am hipped to the lids. Yesterday after doing some measuring, thinking, and drinking I pulled the trigger on 2 of the Avantco units I linked.

Dave

Drinking? I'm shocked and appalled! :emoji_astonished:

Or not. Beer is an essential ingredient to most good BBQ..... And one of the major guy food groups right along with such things as bacon, bacon wrapped bacon, bacon wrapped deep fried bacon crusted bacon stuffed bacon and......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky