Can i do anything with these pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DieselTech

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 28, 2024
Kansas
Guy & gals I got a bag of pellet that got caught I'm the rain & they got damp.

They are dry now, but is there anything I can do with them?

Can I grind them up for my smoke tubes & smoker try?

20lb bag of them, soo I hate to just throw them away.

Pit Boss sent me a new bag free of charge.

Thanks.
1000000202.jpg
1000000201.jpg
1000000200.jpg

Turn them into dust for using in pellet tubes/trays. Easiest way is to wet them again until they completely disintegrate, then spread the wet dust out on a cookie sheet and either dry it in the sun or oven.

Not a pellet guy, but I've read where they can be baked on a pan in the oven to dry out...
Turn them into dust for using in pellet tubes/trays. Easiest way is to wet them again until they completely disintegrate, then spread the wet dust out on a cookie sheet and either dry it in the sun or oven.
Thanks guys. I would hate to see them wasted.

Lmao can they be ran thru a corn grinder?

Thanks.

Reactions: flatbroke
Lots of guys do use them as dust after grinding. I think if you were going to use them in a tube I'd think they would be fine as is, as long as they are dry.

Jim

Reactions: DieselTech
Lots of guys do use them as dust after grinding. I think if you were going to use them in a tube I'd think they would be fine as is, as long as they are dry.

Jim
Yeah I tested some as is, in a 6"smoker tube & they are still smoking. Been smoking for about a hour, so I think they are dry.

Yup make dust. No need to grind. Just soak in warm water, they will turn back into the dust particles they started out as. Drain them spread out on a sheet and bake. Works easy peasy.

My first thought is how do they hold up under finger-thumb pressure? What they have to do is survive the auger pressure, and not turn into dust that clogs thee aauger tube..

Are we talking 20# bag or 40#.

My first thought is how do they hold up under finger-thumb pressure? What they have to do is survive the auger pressure, and not turn into dust that clogs thee aauger tube..

Are we talking 20# bag or 40#.
20lb bag. Pit Boss sent a 40lb bag for my time & trouble. I would say 75% of the bag is still fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky